to set relationship with this job "Clinical Nurse I"
Clinical Nurse I - Washington, DC - Permanent / Full Time - Staff
Not in network, apply with employer.
||Clinical Nurse I
||Permanent / Full Time
||8 years ago
||one month ago
||Georgetown University Hospital
||Hospital / Acute Care Facility
||Mon, Mar 27, 2017
||Contact employer directly
Clinical Nurse I
EXPERIENCED NURSES ONLY!!!
Surgical Specialties Unit: Orthopedics, Reconstructive Plastics and Urology – 6 Main
- 6 Main is a 30-bed Surgical Specialties Unit and is the largest unit at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital. All of the rooms on 6 Main are private and offer continuous pulse oximetry. 6 Main nurses provide exceptional post-operative care in our fast-paced environment. Common surgical procedures include joint replacement, spinal surgery, foot and/or ankle surgery, urological procedures, reconstructive plastic surgery and wound management.
- 6 Main is currently on the journey to become certified as an Orthopedic Joint Replacement Unit, designated by the Joint Commission for Disease Specific Care. We will be undergoing renovation beginning in the Spring of 2015 to make rooms more easily accessible for the patients and healthcare providers.
- 6 Main is notable for its collaborative interdisciplinary practice. Our nurses work closely with physicians, nurse practitioners, physical therapist and clinical pharmacists, just to name a few. 6 Main is often described as a "family-like environment" in which nurses support one another and demonstrate outstanding teamwork.
- 6 Main values nursing education and professional development. As a result, newly hired nurses are provided a comprehensive orientation, designed by a Clinical Educator and tailored to the nurses' skills and experience. Our nurses are also involved collaborative governance, with a strong presence on every hospital-wide council.
Clinical expertise, teamwork and a commitment to the profession of nursing define the nursing practice on 6 Main.
Experience, Education and Certification: -
Required: Two years of hospital-based Medical/Surgical nursing experience
BSN preferred; will consider candidates enrolled in a BSN program
CMSRN, RN-BC or Orthopedics certification is highly desirable
Both 8 and 12 hour shifts available
- 6 Week schedules; central scheduling based on employee scheduling request
Full-time Night Shift or Rotating Shifts
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The incumbent in this position is responsible for providing competent professional nursing care using the nursing process. These functions are performed in accordance with the District of Columbia Nurse Practice Act and all other applicable laws and regulations and Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures and standards. EDUCATION AND OR TRAINING REQUIRED: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing. LICENSURE AND OR CERTIFICATION: Current D.C. license as a Registered Professional Nurse; current Basic Life Support (BLS). EXPERIENCE: To meet unit criteria. SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES: Ability to perform the nursing technologies. Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to set priorities and work under stress.