About UsAward winning Adventist Health Sonora is a mission focused non-profit Adventist health care system that has a heart for providing to the under-served. At AHSR, you'll have the opportunity to provide physical, mental and spiritual healing every day. Our organization prides itself on being the best place to work, and we think our employees have everything to do with that! Not only are we nestled at in a gorgeous location at the base of Yosemite, but AHSR offers excellent benefits, resources/technology, and a supportive environment where you'll have the chance to do what you do best, every day.
More reasons to consider joining Adventist Health Sonora:
Competitive pay, excellent benefits
- (health, dental, vision, life, disability, paid time off)
Recognition program dedicated to valuing and praising team members
Unique, faith based mission that promotes whole healing
Learning & Development Opportunities - we promote career growth through tuition reimbursement opportunities
Professional advancement opportunities
Health Club discounts
- ...and much more! Position Description:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- 1. Perform Echocardiographic and Vascular diagnostic procedures in accordance with accepted protocols as directed by Cardiologist and Radiologist physicians.
- 2. Instruct patients regarding procedures to ensure cooperation and optimum test results.
- 3. Follow prescribed safety standards in operating equipment.
- 4. Maintain ultrasound and vascular lab equipment in appropriate operating condition.
- 5. Maintain examination rooms and work areas. Order and stock all ultrasound and vascular lab supplies.
- 1. Maintain accurate department records, reports and files as directed.
- 2. Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- 2. Work as a team member within the ultrasound department and all other departments.
- 3. Document work processes as required.
- 4. Perform other duties as assigned
High school diploma or equivalent. Associate and/or Bachelor degree is a plus. 2.
Registered or Registry eligible with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or The Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI)
Completion of an accredited Cardiovascular Ultrasound Technology program preferred but not
RDMS or CCI certification in one or more of the following areas: Vascular, Adult Echo, Pediatric
- 1. Minimum two (2) years experience as a sonographer 5 years experience is preferred.
- 2. Experience in vascular preferred.
- 1. Ability to operate GE E-9 and Philips IE-33 ultrasound equipment.
- 2. Ability to take Blood Pressures. Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- 3. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- 4. Ability to multi-task efficiently and effectively.
- 5. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, medical staff,
management and peers.
- 6. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills including the ability to manage interactions with difficult
- 7. Excellent telephone skills